I turn 36 on the 14th of May. Many things I’ve learned thus far in my 30s challenge assumptions I made in my 20s.
Here is a Top 10 list.
Hoping you’ll add your own wisdom, especially those who’ve already rounded out the back half of this decade.
10. Nobody is better than you. You are no better than anyone else.
9. Secrets and regret are not the same thing. We all have both, or will. Also: There’s an awfully good chance someone you love and admire has done something they don’t want you to know about.
8. Sometimes there are smart people who don’t speak up. There also are times when people would be smart to shut up.
7. Most things aren’t about you. Ironically, if you want them to be – they will be.
6. There is nothing you can do that’s original in this world. Someone else has already done it. The bad news is you always have competition. The good news is you’ve always got company.
5. “Sparing someone from bad news” makes that person feel disrespected and foolish, not protected and loved.
4. Close-mindedness exists in all political parties and religious faiths, including yours.
3. If you talk ugly about people to others, the latter will assume you’ll talk about them, too.
2. There are infinite ways to love other people.
1. Sometimes the only thing wrong is that you’re bored. Often that is the worst possible thing to be.